By Theodore G. Van Raalte
1. advent, by means of Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
2. Eschatology: The Letter and the Spirit in moment Corinthians 3:6–18, via Dr. Lane Tipton
3. discovering Eschatology within the outdated testomony: The Psalms as for instance, Dr. Jannes Smith
4. operating Politically and Socially in Anticipation of Christ’s Coming, via Dr. Cornelis Van Dam
5. In among and Intermediate: dwelling in Heaven’s Glory, by means of Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
6. Is Hell out of date? where of everlasting Punishment in Preaching this day, by way of Dr. Jason Van Vliet
7. can we rather continue to exist a brand new Earth?, through Dr. Gerhard Visscher
8. until eventually He Comes: Eschatological facets of Reformed Worship, via Dr. Arjan de Visser.
"This quantity is an exegetically trustworthy, theologically sound, and essentially suitable sequence of essays, written from a redemptive-historical Reformed standpoint, on what Scripture teaches approximately 'the final things.' students, ministers, and all considerate Christians who wish to stay on the earth yet now not of the realm will locate it edifying, illuminating, and accessible."
--John W. Cooper, Professor of Philosophical Theology, Calvin Theological Seminary
Theodore G. Van Raalte is Professor of Ecclesiology on the Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary in Hamilton, Ontario. he's the coauthor (with Jason Zuidema) of Early French Reform (2011) and the writer of varied essays and articles.
Read Online or Download As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things PDF
Similar christian theology books
No matter if born within the Mideast, Africa, Asia, or introduced domestic to the streets of the USA, violent hatreds frequently threaten to swamp the minimum cooperation had to foster lifestyles and health and wellbeing. Does Christianity have whatever along with warmed-over pieties to provide an international torn by way of estrangement, alienation, and violently adverse worldviews?
As Christianity expands and grows in Africa, there's deep new curiosity in African theology quite often, and how during which a few African theologians are analyzing the importance of Christ inside African tradition, particularly. This quantity explores the Christology of 2 of the major African thinkers opposed to the historical past of the West African Akan tradition.
In devoted Doubt man Collins explores the function of doubt inside theology and philosophy. targeting 3 philosophers--Giorgio Agamben, Jacques Derrida, and Slavoj Žižek--Faithful Doubt argues that atheism might be redeeming. faraway from being inhospitable to religion, doubt is more and more beneficial for theology.
By itself‚ making a song can by no means fulfill these wants that in basic terms real worship can. notwithstanding, making a song is the language of our affections. And it truly is utilized by God to plant the observe of Christ within the hearts of these who lengthy to be touched, crammed and altered through his ideal love. In Then Sings My Soul, Philip Percival takes us to the Bible to rediscover what it's that God has printed approximately making a song for his humans, and encourages us to recapture the fullness of his layout.
- Just Hospitality: God's Welcome in a World of Difference
- Lonergan, Social Transformation, and Sustainable Human Development (African Christian Studies Series Book 4)
- The Cambridge Dictionary of Christian Theology
- Total Truth (Study Guide Edition - Trade Paperback): Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity
- The New Testament Validates Torah: Does the New Testament Really Do Away With the Law?
- Chalice Introduction to Disciples Theology
Additional info for As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things
As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things by Theodore G. Van Raalte